Aug 4, 2008

Gothnowrimo

I was browsing the NaNo website and came across a post on the Gothic Novel Writing Month which will be taking place in October.

I didn't know very much about the genre, so I read the recommended research links and began to really get interested in it. It brought me back to my childhood when I read a lot of ghost stories in this genre.

My thoughts on the gothic novel coupled with the exercise I'm working on for Holly Lisle's How to Think Sideways course produced an idea for a short story which my muse is still contemplating.

I'm actually quite excited about this project!

I'm not sure if I'll participate in GothNoWriMo as NaNo is taking place the next month and two months of hard slog might be pushing it a bit, but it was well worth browsing the site and re-discovering the genre. There are also some links to books in the gothic genre and a lot of them are available free on ManyBooks.net.

0 comments: