Sep 10, 2009

No NaNo-ing for me this year...

I've been thinking about this for a while and I really feel the best thing I can do this year is give NaNo a miss and concentrate, instead, on editing last year's NaNo novel and last year's GothNo novel. I have to be realistic. I've had little time to develop my NaNo project and I've got two first drafts that need revising, editing and polishing. There's no way I can do it all so I've got to prioritise.

If I have any spare time on my hands while I'm doing the revisons, I can work on some shorter pieces. There's still my short story/novella to complete, for one thing, and if I'm feeling particularly productive I can work some more on the idea that was going to be this year's NaNo project.

So plenty to keep me occupied for the remainder of the year.

(I'm really going to miss collecting the NaNo badges, though!)

0 comments: