Oct 4, 2010

GothNo Day 4 Progress

The ghost has figured out how to ring the first person in Deirdre's Contacts list. She has rung said person. She has remarked on Deirdre's screensaver. The deed is done.

I had another note to make to self on why the ghost decided to go to all the trouble of ringing for outside help instead of getting rid of the item in Deirdre's belongings that caused her so much concern. I need to work on the motivation, otherwise the story won't seem plausible.

I have once again surpassed the daily wordcount goal and I'm still loving my story and looking forward to writing again tomorrow.

Part of the reason for this is because of the plot developments that sprang to mind as I was falling asleep last night. I was thinking about the elements of gothic fiction and suddenly it came to me that if I changed one of the characters, I could work in some new developments and tie everything up with the ghost's backstory and story arc. I don't want to give too much away at this point. There may be Beta readers for this story out there who are also reading the blog posts, and I don't want to spoil the surprise.

Besides, if I summarise the developments here, I risk making the actual writing redundant as far as my Muse and creative self are concerned.

0 comments: