Oct 26, 2010

GothNo Day 26 Progress

If I want to "win" GothNo, I now have to type over 1,000 words per day.

Today, I did just that!

Deirdre and Brian know a little bit more about the ghost but as to how they can go about helping her, they have little idea...

I'm fast running out of story here (in terms of wordcount), but the exercise I did on the ghost's limits has given me one or two ideas for new scenes so that's what I'm going to be working on tomorrow and over the next few days.

I also have that love scene to write, too. So that will take up some wordcount.

It's important to state that I'm not looking to create scenes just for the sake of wordcount. The scenes I'm coming up with are relevant - they move the story forward, tell us more about the characters, or reveal information to the reader. I suppose if I didn't have the wordcount to make up, I could be tempted to just finish the story and sit back in my seat with a sigh. But with a wordcount in mind, I have to push myself a bit harder.

0 comments: