Jun 25, 2012

it's official! I 'won' June Camp NaNo!

Yup, 55,871 words as of last night and I'm going to keep going because my job as a writer - the most important job of all - is to show up in my writing space.

That's the main reason I decided to participate in June Camp NaNo; to get back into the habit of writing EVERY SINGLE DAY. The fact that there was a wordcount goal to aim for added the motivation, and I'm very pleased that I have written over 2,000 words each eveing - almost 3,000 on a couple of occasions.

And I'm going to keep going. I may have 'won' June Camp NaNo, but I'm not going to stop writing now.

I've been thinking about two of the projects that I want to work on next. The first one is my gothic novella, Greenwood Manor 2 (working title), and the other one is the novel that got stalled. It's going through yet another reincarnation, but this one I am determined to finish!

June Camp NaNo isn't over yet, so I'm going to spend the next few nights not rebelling, but working on some outlines and pre-planning exercises to see how much I can get to grips with where these two stories are going to go.


0 comments: